Show disc space usage in Linux
To get the disk space usage of the your filesystem in Linux, you can use the df command.
Execute the df command as shown in the following.
In the following example, we display the disk space usage of our system.
As you can observe, the command displays a table where each row contains
- Filesystem – the name of filesystem
- 1K-blocks – the size of the disk the filesystem has been allocated with, in units of 1K blocks
- Used – the number of 1K-blocks used
- Available – number of 1K-blocks available for usage
- Use% – the percentage of use
- Mounted on – where the system is mounted on.
In this Linux Tutorial, we learned how to display the disk space usage using df command.