We present you the R Tutorial, to learn R, the basics of R programming language, interfacing data to R from different data sources, creating charts and graphs, and extracting statistical information.
What is R programming language ?
R is an open source programming language. It has become one of the powerful choices for statistical analysis. R helps you to get big picture of your data by calculating statistical parameters like mean, standard deviation, correlation etc.
Features of R
- Open Source and Free to use.
- Works well for statistics.
- Command-Line Programming Language – But IDEs like R Studio and plugins to the popular IDEs like Eclipse, etc., are available.
- Easy sharing of Results or Analysis.
- Integration with other packages and programming languages.
- R programming is easy and informative.
R Tutorial Index
In our R Tutorial, we shall take you through the following topics :
- R Installation
- R Script File Basic Syntax – R Tutorial to understand the basic syntax of R commands and R script file.
- R Data Types – Learn R basic data types with examples.
- R Variables – Learn R variables, rules followed to name a variable, commands to list down all the variables in the scope or delete any of them if necessary. Also learn the ways to assign a value to R Variable.
- R Operators – Learn R Operators : R Arithmetic Operators, R Relational Operators, R Logical Operators, R Assignment Operators, R Miscellaneous Operators with example R scripts.
- R Decision Making Learn R Decision Making Statements
- R Loops Learn R Loop Statements
- R Functions Learn about R Functions
- R Strings Learn about R Strings, rules to define R Strings
- R Vectors
- R Lists
- R Matrices
- R Arrays
- R Factors
- R Data Frames
- R Packages
- R Data Reshaping
Data Interfacing – from different sources of data to R language
- R CSV Files – Learn R functions to read CSV Files, analyze or filter data read from CSV Files, and write back filtered data to CSV Files.
- R Excel Files
- R Binary Files
- R XML Files
- R JSON Files
- R Web Data
- R Database
Charts, Plots & Graphs – R Tutorial
- R Mean of a Vector
- R Median of a Vector
- R Mode
- R Linear Regression
- R Multiple Regression
- R Logistic Regression
- R Normal Distribution
- R Binomial Distribution
- R Poisson Regression
- R Analysis of Covariance
- R Time Series Analysis
- R Nonlinear Least Square
- R Decision Tree
- R Random Forest
- R Survival Analysis
- R Chi Square Tests
With this R Tutorial, we have learnt the basics of R, how to interface data to R from different sources, create charts and graphs, and extract statistical information.
Download PDF Version – R Tutorials – Learn R programming language – PDF