SAP PP (Production Planning) Training Tutorial
SAP PP Tutorial – Free SAP PP training tutorials for beginners and professionals, learn SAP production planning module course with real time implementation scenarios step by step.
SAP PP is one of the core module of SAP r/3 system that contains master data, configurations and transaction data for completion of plan to production process. It prepares a detailed planning for achieving the production goals and helps in recording, tracking of all production & manufacturing process.
SAP PP module can be integrated with other SAP modules like SAP SD (Sales & distribution), SAP MM (Material Management), SAP LE (logistics execution), SAP QM (Quality Management), SAP PM (Production Planning), SAP FICO (Financial Accounting) and with various modules as per organizational requirements.
SAP PP Sub-modules
The important sub module of SAP production planning are
- Sales & Operational Planning
- Long Term Planning
- Demand Management
- Material Requirement Planning
- Capacity Requirement Planning
- Shop Floor Control
- Information System
Long Term Planning (LTP) : – It provides the detailed examination of planning scenarios that replicate production, purchasing and costing implication.
Demand Management (DM): – SAP DM is used to control the require quantity and delivery dates for finished products based on the demand.
Material Requirement Planning : – MRP provides the detailed information of material availability that ensures the sufficient stock available for production.
Capacity Requirement Planning : – CRP enables the smooth process of manufacturing.
Information System : – Information system helps in posting the data automatically to SAP reporting in real time.
Important Functions of SAP PP Module
- Production planning creates schedules for the machines and checks with the plant maintenance to make sure that no repairs are scheduled.
- Determines which material is required, the quantity required and by when it is required for production.
- Reducing wastage of materials, production costs.
SAP PP – Organizational Structure
- Define Company
- Define company Code
- Assign company code to company
- Maintain controlling area
- Define plant
- Assign plant to company code
- Define purchase organization
- Assign purchase organization to company code
- Assign purchase organization to plant
- Maintain storage location
Master Data in SAP PP
- Material Master
- BOM (Bills of Material)
- Work Centers & Resources
- Routing & Recipes
- Product Groups
- Production Versions
Continue to read our free SAP PP tutorials that explains step by step with real time production planning implementation scenarios.