Creating Dynamics 365 App using App Designer is very simple and very powerful and we use point-and-click configuration. We can create out own apps similar to the apps that we see in Dynamics 365 menu bar . Follow the steps given below to create Dynamics 365 App using App Designer.
Creating Dynamics 365 App using App Designer.
Before creating Dynamics 365 application, first we have to enable the preview for it. To enable, Navigate to Administration | System Settings | App Modules & App Designer Preview.
- Click on Administration in the Settings.
- Select System settings to enable preview for App designer as shown below.
- Click on Save button
To create Microsoft Dynamics 365 App, Open the app designer from the My Apps page available in the Settings. Navigate to Settings | My Apps | Click New App.
- Click on +Create new App button as shown below, now the app designer opens in a new browser tab
- Type Tutorialkart in the name field and enter description.
- Deselect use default Image to use our own custom Icon image as shown below.
- Add App URL Suffix as Tutorialkart
URL suffix will be displayed at the end of the Web URL as shown above. Now Select use existing solution to create the App.
- Finally click on Done available in the top-right corner.
- Click on publish button.
- Now go to Settings and click on My Apps.
Adding components to Dynamics 365 App.
Dynamics 365 App is composes with two types of components they are artifacts and entity assets. Dynamics 365 artifacts are like Sitemap, Dashboards, Business Process Flows. We can add all the assets of an entity like forms, views and charts.
App Designer in Dynamics 365
App Designer in Dynamics 365 has two main areas they are Left side and Right side. Left side is the canvas where we can add app components. On the right side are the Tabs that you’ll use to select components and set component properties.
Conclusion : In this Microsoft Dynamics CRM tutorial, we have learned about how to create Dynamics 365 App using App Designer and in our next tutorial, we will learn about How to add Assets and artifacts to an App in App Designer.