What are Web Resources in Dynamics 365?
Web Resources in Dynamics 365 are virtual files stored in the Dynamics 365 Database and typically used by developer and designer to extend web application. In Dynamics 365(online), we use Web resources to upload upload files to Dynamics 365 database and then reference them by name. In Dynamics 365, Web resources are limited to specific types of filters. The following types of files can be used to create Web Resources in Dynamics 365.
|File Type||File name extension|
|Webpage (HTML)||.htm, .html|
|Image (PNG, JPG, GIF)||.png, .jpg, .gif.|
How to create Web Resource in Dynamics 365?
To create Web Resource in Dynamics 365, navigate toSettings | Customizations | Customize the System.
- Now go toComponents | Web Resources | Click on New button as shown below.
- Enter Name, Display Name, Description, Type, Language in the Web Resource form.
- Now select the image file and click on upload button. After making changes, choose Save button and finally click on Publish button.
How to Increase Web Resource and Email file size in Dynamics 365.
By default, the limit size of web resource, email attachment and note attachment file size in Microsoft Dynamics 365 is 5MB (5,120kB). And the problem will arise when we want to upload a file of more than 5MB size. Therefore we have toIncrease Web Resource and Email file size in Dynamics 365. Follow the steps given below.
- Navigate toSettings | Administration | System Settings.
- Now go to Email tab and browse to Set file limit for attachments. We can increase file size limit upto 32 MB.
- Click on Ok button after making changes.