Salesforce certification Guide 2017 | Exam Pattern, Weightage
Salesforce.com has grown to highly valued American Cloud Company and it’s features and functionalities gets updated three times a year. It is very difficult to remember every concept in Salesforce and be knowledgeable in every role. In order to recognize and evaluate knowledge, Salesforce certification has been introduced.
If you are not familiar with Salesforce.com’s certification program, you should be! Salesforce Certification is the ultimate benchmark that recognizes the skills, expertise, and real-world know-how of today’s cloud specialists. Salesforce.com offers 25 certifications for 6 different Roles.
Salesforce Certification Exam guide.
|Administrator||Platform App Builder||Application Architect||Community Cloud Consultant.||Commerce Cloud Digital developer.||CPW Specialist|
|Data Architect and Management Designer.||Field Service Lightning Consultant.||Marketing Cloud Email Specialist.|
|Development Life cycle and Development Designer.||Marketing Cloud Consultant.||Platform developer I|
|Identity and Access Management Designer.||Pardot Consultant.||Marketing Cloud Social Specialist.|
|Advanced Administrator||Mobile Solutions Architecture designer.||Sales Cloud Consultant.||Platform developer II|
|Sharing and Visibility Designer.||Service Cloud Consultant.||Pardot Specialist.|
Purpose of Salesforce Certification Exam.
This exam guide is designed to help you evaluate if you are ready to successfully complete the Salesforce Certified Administrator exam. This guide provides information about the target audience for the Salesforce Certified Administrator exam, the recommended training and documentation, and a complete list of exam objectives—all with the intent of helping you achieve a passing score. Salesforce highly recommends a combination of on-the-job experience, course attendance, and self-study to maximise your chances of passing the exam.
Download : Salesforce certification guide.
Salesforce certification exam registration : Register now.
Salesforce Certification Exam details
The Salesforce Certified Administrator exam has the following characteristics:
- Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions* (2-5 unscored questions may be added).
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 90 minutes (time allows for unscored questions).
- Passing score: 65%.
- Registration fee: USD 200, plus applicable taxes as required per local law.
- Retake fee: USD 100, plus applicable taxes as required per local law.
- Delivery options: Proctored exam delivered onsite at a testing center or in an online proctored environment. Click here for information on scheduling an exam.
- References: No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
- Prerequisite: None required; course attendance highly recommended
- Download : Salesforce Guide to Certification in PDF.
Salesforce administrator Exam Outline 2017.
In this section we discuss about marks weightage and topics that must be covered before appearing for Salesforce administrator certification 2017. Check the following
Organization Setup (Global UI).
- Describe the information found in the company profile (e.g., fiscal year, business hours, currency management, default settings, company information).
- Distinguish between the various UI features that an administrator controls, including the implications (e.g., UI settings, search settings, list views, home page layouts).
- Identify the steps to set up and/or maintain a user (e.g., assign licenses, reset passwords, and resolve locked user accounts).
- Understand the implications of activating, deactivating, or freezing a user.
Security And Access.
- Explain the various organization security controls (e.g., passwords, IP restrictions, identity confirmation, network settings).
- Given a user request scenario, apply the appropriate security controls based on the features and capabilities of the Salesforce sharing model (e.g., organization-wide defaults, roles and the role hierarchy, manual sharing, sharing rules and public groups).
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate use of a custom profile or permission set using the various profile settings and permissions.
- Describe how folders can be used to organize and secure communication templates, dashboards, reports, and documents.
Standard and Custom objects.
- Describe the standard object architecture and relationship model.
- Explain how to create, delete, and customize fields and page layouts on standard and custom objects, and understand the implications of deleting fields.
- Given a scenario, determine how to create and assign page layouts, record types and business processes for custom and standard objects.
Sales and Marketing applications.
- Given a scenario, identify the capabilities and implications of the sales process.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate sales productivity features using opportunity tools and know when products and Price Books should be used (e.g., big deal alerts, update reminders, similar opportunities, competitors, team selling).
- Describe the capabilities of lead automation tools and campaign management.
- Describe the capability of Salesforce Content.
Service and Support Applications.
- Describe the capabilities of case management (e.g., case processes, case settings, and case comments).
- Given a scenario, identify how to automate case management (e.g., case assignment, auto-response, escalation, web-to-case, email-to-case, case teams).
- Describe the capabilities of solution management (e.g., settings, categories, processes) and Salesforce Knowledge.
- Describe the capabilities of the Community application (e.g. Ideas, Answers).
Activity management and collaboration.
- Describe the capabilities of activity management (e.g., manage tasks, events, public calendars, multi-day events, cloud scheduler).
- Describe the features of Chatter (e.g., feed, groups, following, security).
- Describe the considerations when importing, updating, transferring, and mass deleting data (e.g., CSV files, field matching, matching types, record IDs, external IDs, duplicate records).
- Given a scenario, identify tools and use cases for managing data (e.g., dataloader, data import wizard).
- Describe the capabilities and implications of data validation tools.
- Describe the different ways to backup data (e.g., weekly data export service, exports, dataloader).
Analytics – Reports and dashboards.
- Describe the options available when creating or customizing a report (e.g., report type, report format, fields, summarizing data, filtering data, charting, scheduling, and conditional highlighting).
- Describe the impact of the sharing model on reports.
- Describe the options available when creating and modifying dashboards (e.g., dashboard components, data sources, chart types, scheduling, and running user).
- Describe the capabilities of custom report types.
Workflow / Process Automation.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate automation solution based on the capabilities of workflow/process.
- Describe capabilities and use cases for the approval process.
Desktop and Mobile administration.
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce1.
- Describe the installation and synchronization options of Salesforce Lightning for Outlook.
- Identify use cases for AppExchange applications.
Depending on your interest, you can choose any Salesforce certification exam and get Salesforce certified through proper study and preparation. Every year, many students register for Salesforce administrator Certification and Salesforce Developer Certification exams. Salesforce certification dumps for admin 201, Dev 401 and platform developer, Reference materials, Exam tips, Salesforce.com chest Sheets, Salesforce certification study guides will be provided for free.