Salesforce Record Type | Salesforce Help & Training
The significance of Salesforce record type can be understood only when we have different business process defined in an organization. In this Salesforce tutorial we are going to create Record type for standard object Accounts. In accounts there are three type. They are
- Broker Account :- The acquisition team handles broker account.
- Tenant Accounts :- The Leasing team handles tenant
- Law Firm Accounts :- Legal team handles this law firm account.
To check record types login to Salesforce.com and navigate to object | Record types.
As there are no record types in Standard and Custom object we are going to create new Salesforce record type in Account object. Check below how to create new salesforce record type.
Steps to implement Salesforce record type.
- Create respective page layouts.
- Assign appropriate fields to the page layouts.
- Create the record type.
- Assign to profiles.
- Add corresponding values to picklist.
Creating page layouts page layouts and assigning page layouts.
- In this Salesforce tutorial we have to create three profiles.
- As shown above we have created three new profiles in Salesforce and assign field to their respective profile layout in Salesforce.
Creating page layouts for record types.
As already we learned about creating page layouts in salesforce. Create three page layouts in Standard object Account.
Creating field and assigning fields to page layouts.
Assigning fields to leasing account.
Assigning fields to acquisition layout.
Assigning fields to legal layout.
How to create Salesforce record type.
To create Salesforce record type go to Account Object | Record type | New.
- Click on record on new record type.
- Enter record label, record type name.
- Click on active to make it active.
- Select the profile to which this record type is to be visible.
Here we creating record type for acquisition team so we are enabled for only acquisition profile only.
- Click on Next button.
- Select the page layout as shown above.
- Click on Save button.
Successfully we have create Salesforce record type and we have to edit picklist values for account Type.
- Go to Account type and click on Edit button.
Only Individual Broker and third Party Broker are only applicable for Broker. So we have selected those two picklist values for Broker record type.
- Click on Save button.
Successfully we have created all the three account record types in salesforce.
- To check Record types in Salesforce create new account.
previously when creating an account we don’t see any record types in Salesforce. Now we have to select Salesforce record type to create new account.