How to create factory calendar in SAP
Factory calendar consists the number of working days with weekend and holidays. With the help of factory calendar, the planning in an organization can be done accordingly, as the SAP system will advise if the work being planned is on valid working day or weekend or holiday.
Based on the requirements of project, you can create one or more factory calendars. For e.g. If one plant works for 24 hrs a day and 7 days a week, this can have different calendar and other plant works on only 8hours a day and 5 days a week, it can have another calendar.
- List out the public holidays and define public holidays
- Create holiday calendar with valid period.
You can create factory calendar in SAP, by using the following navigation method.
|SAP IMG Path||SPRO > IMG > Time Management > Work Schedules > Define public holiday classes.|
Step 1 : – Execute t-code “SCAL” in command field from SAP easy access screen.
Step 2 : -On Sap calendar : main menu screen, choose “Factory Calendar” option and click on change icon.
Step 3 : – On change factory calendar: overview screen, click on create icon.
Step 4 : -On change factory calendar details screen, update the following details.
- Factory Calendar Id : – Update the two digits key that defines as factory calendar id in SAP.
- Description : – Update the descriptive text of factory calendar.
- Valid : – Update the validity of factory calendar i.e. from and to year.
- Holiday calendar id : – Assign the holiday calendar id to the factory calendar.
- Workdays : – Choose the working days of factory calendar.
Choose save icon and save the configured details in SAP.
Assign Factory Calendar to Plant in SAP
After you define/ create factory calendar in SAP, you need to assign to plant. Perform the following steps for assignment of calendar to plant.
Step 1 : – Execute t-code “OX10” in command field.
Step 2 : – Click on position button and enter plant key “TLBL” and press enter, so that plant code displays on top of the SAP screen.
Step 3 : – Now choose the plant key and click on magnifying glass to display the details.
Step 4 : – Now enter the factory holiday calendar key in the given field “factory calendar”.
After assignment of calendar, choose save icon and save the configure details.
Successfully we have created factory calendar and assigned to a plant in SAP.