In this SAP MM Tutorial, you will learn how to define purchase group in SAP using transaction code
How to define purchase group in SAP
Purchasing organization consists various buyers or group of buyers dealing with materials that are being purchased in the company. For implementing the activities of purchasing organization, you can define purchase group in SAP.
|SAP Menu Path||SPRO > IMG > Enterprise Structure > Definition > Material Management > Purchase Group.|
|Purchasing group||Description||Telephone No.|
|TKP||TK Purchasing Org||080-88888|
Step 1 : – Execute t-code “OME4” in command field from SAP easy access screen.
Step 2 : – On change view “Purchasing groups” overview screen, choose new entries button to create new purchase group in SAP as per requirements of project.
Step 3 : – On new entries purchasing group overview screen, enter the following details.
- Purchasing group : – Enter the new key that defines as purchasing group in SAP.
- Desc. pur. Grp : – Enter the description of purchase group
- Telephone no : – Update the telephone number of purchasing group.
- Fax number : – Enter the fax number of purchase group
- E-Mail : – Update the e-mail address.
After maintaining the required details of purchase groups, choose save icon and save the configured purch.group key in SAP.
Successfully we have created purchase group in SAP MM.