Introduction to Java
Java is a programming language that revolutionized the open community. Java is a lot. In just three lines Java is a :
- Programming language: Wiki says “Its a formal computer language designed to communicate instructions to a computer”
- Computing platform: A platform where software applications can run
- Technology: It is absolutely an application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes.
Who developed Java language?
Java was developed by Sun Microsystems. Sun Microsystems is now owned by Oracle Corporation. Therefore, Java’s official homepage is available at www.oracle.com/java[http://www.oracle.com/java]
Principles of Java language
Java programming language has been designed with the following five principles :
- Simple, Object-Oriented and Familiar
- Robust and Secure
- Architecture-Neutral and Portable
- High performance
- Interpreted, Threaded, and Dynamic
So, Java makes it a very easy choice for its adoption as a language of choice for most of the leading companies, hobbyists, and many more.
Usage of Java language
Java language is being used in
- Your mobile phone
- Web browser
- Your Cable Setup box
- Web applications
- Server applications
- Embedded applications
- Big data technologies
- And everywhere
As a result, the language has become highly popular among the developers and companies.
Sounds interesting!! Concluding this brief introduction to Java, let’s start with making the environment ready for programming in Java.