Node FS is a builtin module in Node.js that helps you work with files and operate on them.
With Node FS, you may do following actions on files :
- Reading files
- Creating or Overwriting files
- Updating files
- Deleting files
- Renaming files
To include Node.js FS module in Node.js program, use the following require() statement :
|var fs = require(‘fs’);|
Following tutorials, provide you examples on the possible file operations that could be done using Node.js File System builtin module.
- Node.js Read File Node.js FS program to read a file
- Node.js Create or Overwrite File An example Node.js FS program to demonstrate on how to create a new file or overwrite an existing file
- Node.js Write to File Example Node.js FS program to demonstrate on how to create a file and write data to it or overwrite an existing file.
- Node.js Append to File Learn Node.js FS to append data to an existing file.
- Node.js Rename File Node.js FS example program to understand how to rename a file
- Node.js Delete File Node.js FS example program to show how to delete a file
- Node.js Copy Folder Node.js FS Extra example program to copy an entire folder and its contents to another folder
In this Node.js Tutorial, we have learnt to work with files using Node.js FS Module