SAP HR – Time Management (TM)
Time management (TM) sub-modules of SAP HR offers functionality to record attendances and absences for employees shift/ workforce planning, shift administration, time evaluation (attendances, absences, overtime, bonus, wages), etc.
In core SAP HR process, the time management department will have the following functions.
- Time recording
- Leave management
- Attendance management
- Time data collection for payroll run
Time Recording : – Recording of Clock in or Clock out or number of working hours on a specific day is called as time recording. The main purpose of recording time is to ensure the correct tracking of all employees time related data for payroll process. Time recording process can be divided into two types.
- Positive time recording – It captures employees actual working hours / time.
- Negative time recording – It captures employees absences against planned working hours. For e.g. Working hours: 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM, Absence: 1:30 PM to 6:00 PM.
Leave Management : – Leaves are divided into two types i.e.
- Paid leaves : – When the employees are on leave, they will get the salary based on the paid leaves. For e.g. Annual leave, sick leave, Maternity leave, etc.
- Unpaid leaves : – No payment will be done when employees are on unpaid leaves.
Attendance management : – Attendance management can be divided into two types
- Planned working hours – It is also called as work schedule, it specifies the number of hours an employee should work on a particular day.
- Actual working hours : – If an employee works on public holidays, weekdays, so the employees can avail compensatory time off or extra payment allowances.
Time data collection : – Time data can be collected by integration with time department, attendance department and leave department. After collection of time data, it can be run on payroll process.
Important Configuration of Time Management in SAP HR
The important configuration steps of time management SAP HR module are as follows.
- Work schedules
- Time data recording and administration
- Personnel time events
- Plan data collections
- Time evaluation
- Time managers workplace
- Integration of time management with other SAP applications
- Shift planning
- Incentive wages
- Management of roles and authorizations
- Information systems
- Web applications.
Continue to read free SAP HR training tutorials.