Learn how to define number ranges for purchase requisition in SAP MM module using transaction code “OMH7.
How to define number ranges for purchase requisition in SAP
The SAP system manages purchase requisition (PR) as document type. Each document type is assigned to a number range interval. After you define number ranges for purchase requisition and assign to a document type, the series is generated when a new purchase requisition is created. The number series can be enter manually by a user at the time creation of purchase requisition (externally) or by the system automatically (internally).
Refer below step by step configuration steps to define number for purchase requisition in SAP. You maintain number ranges for purchase requisition by using the following navigation method.
|Menu Path||IMG > Material Management > Purchasing > Purchase requisition > Define number ranges.|
Step 1 : – Execute transaction code “OMH7” in command field from SAP easy access screen.
Step 2 : – On range maintenance purchase requisition screen, click on change interval icon as shown below screen shot.
Step 3 : – On maintenance Intervals purchase requisition screen, click on insert interval icon.
Step 4 : – Now on insert interval window, update the following details.
- No : – Update the unique key that define number ranges for purchase requisition in SAP.
- From No : -Update the starting digits of number range interval.
- To Number : – Update the last digits of number range interval.
- Current No/NR Status : – By default current number for Purchase requisition is “0”.
- Ext : – Choose the external assignment option, if you want to choose this number range interval for assignment. By choosing this option, you need to give number externally during creation of purchase requisition in SAP.
After maintaining all the required details for PR number range intervals, choose save icon to save the configured details.
Successfully we have maintained number ranges for purchase requisition in SAP MM.