How to create vendor master record in SAP
In this SAP FICO tutorial, you will learn how to create vendor master record in SAP using transaction code XK01.
Vendor master record consists the following configuration screens.
- Create vendor initial screen
- Vendor address
- Vendor control
- Vendor payment transactions
- Vendor accounting information
- Vendor correspondence accounting
- Vendor Purchasing data
You can create vendor master record in SAP by using transaction code or menu path.
|SAP Menu Path||SAP Menu > Accounting > Financial Accounting > Accounts Payable > Master records > Maintain centrally > XK01-Create.|
You can define vendor master record in SAP by performing the following configuration steps.
Step 1 : – Execute t-code “XK01” in command field from SAP easy access screen.
- Company code : – Here you need to enter company code, so that vendor code is applicable for that company code only. After creation of vendor master data, you can extend from one company code to another company code as per requirements of an organization.
- Purchasing organization : – Update the purchasing organization key.
- Account group : – Update the vendor account group.
- Reference : – With the reference of existed vendor code, you can maintain new vendor master record as per requirements.
After maintaining the required details, press enter to continue.
On create vendor: address screen, Update the required address details of vendor i.e.
- Title – Title of Vendor (Mr, Mrs, Company, etc)
- Name – Name of Vendor
- Street Address – Street/ house number, Postal code, City, Country, Region, etc
- PO Box Address – PO Box #, Postal code.
- Communication – Language, Contact number, Fax, etc.
After maintaining address details of vendor, click on next screen button as shown above image.
On create vendor: Control, update the required vendor control details like account control, Tax information, Reference data, etc.
After maintaining the required vendor control details, press next screen option.
On create vendor : payment transactions screen, update the required bank account details of
- Country key
- Bank key
- Bank account number
- Account Holder name
In this screen, update vendor reconciliation account (Sundry creditor account).
Click on next screen option and on create vendor payment transaction accounting screen, update the required details like payment terms, automatic payment transactions, invoice verification, etc.
On correspondence accounting screen, update the details of dunning data details, Correspondence details, etc.
In the next screen, purchasing data, update the required details of Conditions, Sales data, control data, Invoice verification data, default data material, Service data, etc.
After maintaining all the required details, choose save icon and save the configured vendor master record in SAP. You will get a message as “Vendor 5006 has been created for company code TK01 purchasing organization TKPO.
Successfully we have created new vendor code in SAP system.