The statutory & taxation company features consists configuration and functions related to statutory compliance for company in Tally ERP 9. The statutory features are related to country specific and depends upon country during the company creation in Tally.ERP 9.
The following are the features that are available for statutory and taxation
- Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Tax deducted at Source (TDS)
- Tax collected at source
From the Version of Tally.ERP 9, the Tally supports various taxation in India including GST.
How to enable Statutory & Taxation Features
You can use Statutory and Taxation features in Tally by enabling and disabling options in the company alteration screen.
Follow the path and open statutory and taxation.
Gateway of Tally –> F11: Features –> Company Features –> Statutory Taxation or press function key F3
From the screen company operation alteration – Company: Tutorial Kart, update the following details.
- Enable Goods and Services Tax (GST): Enable GST option to use GST tax for company
- Set/alter GST details: Enable this option to change the GST details.
- Enable Value Added Tax (Vat): Country India is now following GST tax, so disable this option as company is following GST tax.
- Set/Alter VAT details: Choose this options as No
- Enable Excise: Enable this option to use the Excise
- Set/alter excise details: Enable this option to change the excise details
- Enable Service Tax: Enable this option to use the service tax by company
- Set/alter service tax details: Enable this option only to alter the service tax details
- Enable Tax deduction at Source: Enable this option to use TDS
- Set/alter TDS details
- Enable Tax collected at Source: Enable this option to use TCS
- Set/alter TCS details
- PAN/Income Tax No: Update the company permanent account number (PAN) / Income tax number in this field.
- Corporate Identify No: Update the company CIN number in this field.
After updating all the required details for statutory and taxation, choose A: Accept to save the details.