What is Tally? understand about Tally.ERP 9, its features, versions and its advantages and disadvantages.
Tally is an ERP accounting software package used for recording day to day business data of a company. The latest version of Tally is Tally ERP 9.
Tally ERP 9 Software is one acclaimed financial accounting system and inventory management system with power computer.
Tally.ERP 9 is one best accounting software that can integrated with other business applications such as Sales, finance, Purchasing, Payroll, Inventory, etc.
Tally software stores all the business transactions of each account in detail. Tally ERP 9 follows double entry accounting system and hence eliminates and rectifies possible errors.
- Tally ERP 9 supports multi languages, so it is called as multi-lingual tally software. Accounts can be maintained in one language and reports can be viewed in another language.
- You can create and maintain accounts up to 99,999 companies.
- Using payroll feature, you can automate employee records management.
- Tally has feature of synchronization, the transactions maintained in multiple locations offices can be automatically updated.
- Generate consolidated financial statements as per requirements of company.
- Managing single and multiple groups are very important features of tally.
- The first version of Tally was Tally 4.5 and it was released in 1990’s. It is a MS-Dos based software.
- The second version of Tally was Tally 5.4 and it was released in 1996. It was a graphic interface version.
- The next version of Tally was Tally 6.3 and this Tally version was released in 2001. It is a window based version and supports in printing and implemented with VAT (Value Added Tax).
- The next version of Tally was Tally 7.2 and it was released in 2005. This version was added with a new features of Statutory complimentary version and VAT rules as per state wise.
- The next version of Tally was Tally 8.1 and it was developed with a new data structure. This version was added with new features of POS (Point Of Sale) and Payroll.
- Due to bugs and errors, a new version of Tally 9 was released in 2006. It has maximum features like Payroll, TDS, FBT, E-TDS filling, etc.
- Tally.ERP 9 is the latest version of Tally and released in 2009. This latest Tally ERP 9 package offering maximum features for small business industries to large business industries. It also updated with new features of GST (Goods & Services Tax).
- Tally ERP 9 software is a low cost of ownership and it can be easily implement and customize.
- Supports multi operating systems such as Windows & Linux and can be installed on multiple systems.
- Tally software utilizes very low space for installation and the installation of tally is an easy method.
- It is built in back up and restore, so the user can easily backup all companies data in a single directory, in a local system disk.
- Supports all types of protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, ODBC, etc.
- Supports multi languages including 9 Indian language. The data can be entered in one language and you can generate invoices, Po’s, delivery notes, etc in other language.
How to Buy Tally ERP 9
Step by step guide how to buy tally license for business.
- First, visit the official website of Tally Solutions i.e. https://tallysolutions.com.
- Click on Buy Now option from menu.
- If you want license for country India only, choose the option I want the license for India or for Internal license choose option as International.
- To check the prices as per country, choose the country name.
- Now you will have three options to buy tally.
- Choose “New License” to buy new tally license
- To upgrade or renewal of Tally license, choose the option “Renewal / Upgrade.
- For rental of tally license, choose the option rental and time period i.e. 1 Month or 3 Months or Annual.
- After choosing the required license, click on Buy Now
- Enter the required billing details and choose the mode of payment.
- Agree the policy and click on proceed to payment.
- Now enter the payment credential and make the payment for Tally license.
Note: For Renewal / Upgrade, you need to existing serial number of Tally license.
For complete details please visit tallysolutions[https://tallysolutions.com/].
After successfully purchase if Tally premium version, you can download Tally ERP 9 with latest version, install and activate with license key.