Salesforce Developer Experience project is a structure or a directory of a configuration files. In this tutorial, we will learn how to create Salesforce DX project in Mac Terminal by cloning sfdx-dreamhouse.
To create Salesforce DX project, use a command like force:project:create, this command creates a skeleton to your Salesforce DX project.
prasanth:~ prasanth$ sfdx force:project:create -n tutorilkart.com
target dir = /Users/Prasanth
As shown in above code, tutoriakart.com is the project name. Once the project is created successfully, we must create sample configuration file like sfdx-project.json, config/project-scratch-def.json and .forceignore.
- sfdx-project.json file enables the configuration parameter to set Source API version and name space.
- project-scratch-def.json is used to create Scratch Org from the command line.
- .forceingnore is used to untrack certain files and folders when pushing files from local system to Scratch Orgs.
This is the second method of creating Salesforce DX project form existing source like Git and GitHub. In this method we create Salesforce DX project in Mac Terminal by cloning sfdx-dreamhouse. Follow the steps:
- Open terminal in Mac or Command Prompt in your Windows to create unique directory.
prasanth:~ prasanth$ mkdir tutorialkart_sfdxproject
prasanth:~ prasanth$ cd tutorialkart_sfdxproject
- tutorialkart_sfdxproject is the directory name.
Use the following command to clone the app repository
prasanth:tutorialkart_sfdxproject prasanth$ git clone
Cloning into 'sfdx-dreamhouse'...
remote: Counting objects: 2073, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (9/9), done.
remote: Total 2073 (delta 1), reused 3 (delta 0), pack-reused 2062
Receiving objects: 100% (2073/2073), 82.27 MiB | 251.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (851/851), done.
Now the repository pulls every source code into our local system(Mac) as shown below.
Creating a project in Salesforce Developer experience is simple as shown and in our next step we should create Scratch Orgs, Push source metadata to Scratch Org and open the Scratch Org.