Profiles in Salesforce | Salesforce profiles
Profiles in salesforce is a collection of Settings and permissions that define how a user access records. Using profile we can assign Field Level Security for Objects, Users permissions, fields, tab settings etc.
What does a profile Control?
Profiles in Salesforce controls the following.
- Page layouts :- Which page layout the user has to see.
- Field Level Security :- Using field level security we can restrict user to Create, Read, Edit and delete fields.
- Custom apps :- Which standard and custom apps the user can view.
- Tabs :- Which tabs the user can view.
- Record types :- Which record types are available to user.
- Login :- Login IP and Salesforce login Hours restrictions can be made t users.
Different Profiles in Salesforce.
There are two types of Profiles in Salesforce. They are
- Standard Profiles.
- Custom Profiles.
Standard Profiles :- Standard Profiles in Salesforce are defaultly created with force.com which cannot be renamed or deleted.
Standard profiles which are used most frequently in SFDC are
- System Administrator :- System administrator is the super user and can customize every application in an organization.
- Standard User :- Standard user can View, Edit and delete their own records.
- Read Only :- Can only view records.
- Solution Manager :- Solution manager can customize standard user permissions, published solutions and solutions categories.
- Marketing User :- Marketing user can import organization leads and have all standard user permissions
- Contract Manager :- Contract manager can edit, approve, activate and delete contracts and also have all standard user permissions.
Custom Profiles :- Custom Profiles in Salesforce are defined by user. These profiles can be edited and deleted.
Navigating to Profiles in Salesforce.
Profiles in Salesforce can be accessed fromAdminister | Manage users | Profiles.
Relationship Between User and a Profile
What is the relationship between user and a profile? Whether it is one to many or many to many relationships. It is one to many relationship between profile and a user. A profile can have many users but a user must have only one profile assigned.
There is only one profile assigned to a user. To check the list of user assigned to a profile system administrator.
Click on view users to check the list of users attached to a profile.