Workbench Salesforce is a powerful, web-based suite of tools designed for Salesforce administrators and developers to interact with Salesforce.com organization via Force.com APIs. Using Salesforce Workbench, administrators and developers can quick view their organization’s data, Data Loading, can perform SOQL Query, SOSL search, session settings, test, deploy and troubleshoot their own application.
There are different ways that we can login Salesforce Workbench. Workbench supports standard username / password login, we can login with a session id and using OAuth 2.0 remote access login. Salesforce users can also use firefox browser extension to use Salesforce Workbench.
- Workbench Salesforce login URL : https://workbench.developerforce.com/login.php.
- Login to Workbench Salesforce using Salesforce.com account credentials.
- Select your Environment as Production or Sandbox.
- Select I agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now click on Login with Salesforce.
- After login to Workbench Salesforce successfully, the pages allows Salesforce user to jump to different options like Standard and Custom objects, Metadata Type and components, SOQL query, SOSL search, Insert, Update, Upsert, Delete, Insert, Undelete, Purge, deploy, retrieve and many more.
- Select any one from the options and select object from the list. Here we will select Standard & Custom objects.
In this Salesforce tutorial, we will learn how to get session information, how to build SOQL query in Workbench Salesforce, How to create, update, delete records using Apex execute and how to reset password using Workbench Salesforce.
System administrators can cancel user sessions in Salesforce. Session Information in Workbench displays details about current user session like Connection, Accessibility mode, profileId, Session seconds valid,user Email, user FullName, UserLocale, UserType and many more.
SOSL stands for Salesforce Object Search language. Using SOSL search we can search text based search queries against the search index. So how to perform SOSL search in Workbench Salesforce? Follow the steps given below.
- Navigate toQueries | SOSL Search.
As shown in above SOSL search, we searched for Prasanth in the Lead Object in the Name field. When we click on Search. List of all results will be returned as shown above.
How to execute Apex code in Salesforce Workbench?
You can also create new objects from SOQL queries on existing ones. The following example creates a new contact for the first account with the number of employees greater than 10. Note that the newly created object contains null values for its fields, which will need to be set.
How to reset password in Workbench Salesforce?
Salesforce login password can be set and can be reset using Workbench in Salesforce. Follow the steps given below.
- Click on Utilities and select password management link.
- Now select Set or Rest.
- Click on Change Password button.