Define House Bank in SAP
The bank which is used for payment transactions for the company is called as house bank in SAP. Each house bank of a company code in SAP is represented by a bank id. You can create bank master record separately and use it as house bank as per requirements of projects.
Purpose of Configuration
In this activity you define house banks and account id for an organization as per business requirements. In SAP, house bank consists detailed information of bank account master record with bank data, communication details, edi partner profiles, etc.
You can create/ define house bank in SAP FICO by using the following SAP menu path and transaction code FI12.
|SAP R/3 Role Menu
|Define House Banks
|SAP Menu Path
|SPRO > Implementation Guide for R/3 Customizing (IMG) > Financial Accounting (New) > Bank Accounting > Bank Accounts > Define House Banks
House Bank Configuration steps in SAP FICO
Step 1 : – Enter SAP transaction code “FI12” in the command field and press enter to continue.
Step 2 : – On determine work area entry screen, update the company code for which you are going to create house banks in SAP.
Step 3 : – On change view House banks overview screen, click on “New Entries” button for creation of new house bank in SAP.
Step 3 : – On new entries house bank screen, update the following details.
- House Bank : – Enter the four digits key that identifies the house bank in SAP FICO.
House Bank Data
- Bank Country : – Update Bank County key – IN
- Bank Key : – Update the bank key
- Telephone 1 : – Update contact number
- Contact Person : – Responsible person name for contact.
After updating all the required details, click on save button and save the configured details.
Create Bank Account ID in SAP
After successfully creation of house bank in SAP, now you need to configure account ID. To do this perform the following settings.
Double click on Bank Accounts option which is under house banks.
On change view bank accounts overview screen, click on new entries button for creation of bank account details.
On change view bank accounts details overview screen, update the following details.
- Account ID : – Update the key that identifies the house bank account id in SAP
- Description : – Update the descriptive text of account id.
- Bank Account Number : -Update the account number of bank
- Alternative acct.no : – Update alternative bank account number if required.
- Currency : – Currency of bank account.
Successfully we have created house bank in SAP. Continue to read free SAP FICO tutorials with real time scenarios.