In this SAP tutorials, you will learn how to define valuation areas and accounting principles in SAP Financial Accounting (FI) step by step. In our previous tutorials we have learned how to define accounting principles in SAP.
Important configurations to refer: –
- Procedure to check exchange rates
- Define translation ratios for currency translation
- How to enter exchange rate
- Define accounts for exchange rate differences.
Define Valuation Areas
You can define currency valuation areas by using the following navigation method.
- Transaction code: – SPRO
- Menu path: – IMG –> Financial Accounting –> General Ledger accounting –> Business Transactions –> Closing –> Valuate –> Define Valuation Areas.
|Valuation||Crcy type||Long text|
|TK||Company code currency||Valuation area for TK01 company|
Step 1) Enter T-Code “SPRO” in the SAP command field and enter.
Step 2) On customizing execute project, select “SAP Reference IMG“
Step 3) On display IMG screen, follow the menu path and double click on “Define Valuation Areas”
Step 4) On change view “SAP FI Valuation Area” overview screen, click on new entries button for creation of new valuation area as per an organizational requirements.
Step 5) On new entries valuation areas screen, update the following details.
- Valuation: – Enter the two digits key that identifies the valuation area in SAP FI.
- Crcy type: – Select the currency type from the list, choose company code currency
- Long Text: – Update the descriptive text of valuation area.
After maintaining all the required details, click on save button and save the configured valuation areas details.
Successfully we have defined valuation areas in SAP FI.
Assign Valuation areas and Accounting Principles
Next configuration step is assignment of valuation areas and accounting principles.
- IMG Path: – IMG –> Financial Accounting –> General Ledger accounting –> Business Transactions –> Periodic Processing –> Valuate –> Assign Valuation areas and Accounting Principles
Step 1) Follow the menu path and double click on “Assign Valuation areas and Accounting Principles”.
Step 2) On change view “Assignment of Valuation Area to Accounting Principles” overview screen, click on new entries button for assignment.
Step 3) On new entries screen, update the following details.
- Valuation Area: – Update the valuation area key for assignment
- Acct.Princ. : – Update the Accounting principle key for assignment.
After assignment, click on save button and save in your request in SAP systems.