How to Create Check Lots in SAP?
The creation of check lots in SAP is mandatory configuration for payments through checks. In this tutorial you will learn how to create check lots / define number ranges for checks in SAP systems using transaction code FCHI.
SAP Menu Path
|SAP R/3 Role Menu||Maintaining check lots|
|SAP Menu||SPRO > IMG > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable > Business transactions > Outgoing payments > Automatic outgoing payment > Payment media > check management > define number ranges for checks.|
Step 1 : – Enter T-code “FCHI” in SAP command field and enter.
Step 2 : – On check lots screen, update the following details.
- Paying company code : – Update the paying company code key i.e. TK01
- House Bank : – Update the house bank i.e. AXISB
- Account Id : – Update the house bank account id i.e. AXIS
- Click on change button to create the check lots as per requirements.
Step 3 : – On maintain check lots screen, click on create button for maintaining number ranges for checks as per requirements of project.
Note : – The check lot numbers are to be updated based on the bank issues checks.
A window open for creating the check lot number. Update the following details.
- Lot number : – Give the lot number
- Check Number : – Starting number of Check
- To : – Update the last number of check.
- Non Sequential : – It is optional to choose the non sequential check box, however to run the automatic payment program you need to select the non sequential check box.
Press enter to continue.
Update the short information of check lot
Click on save button and save the configured check lots in SAP.