In this SAP Fico tutorials you will learn how to define tolerance groups for employees in SAP. In our previous SAP training tutorial we have learned how to define tolerance groups for G/L accounts in SAP.
Define Tolerance Groups for Employees
Tolerance groups for employees in SAP determines the upper limits for postings as per
- Amount per document
- Amount per open item account
- Cash discount
- Payment differences.
Scenario: – If we have 10,000 users and we have create account for every user which takes lot of time. In order to overcome this issue SAP has developed tolerance groups. We can define as many as tolerance groups for employees as per organizational requirements and assign with tolerance limits. The SAP system doesn’t allow the postings beyond their limits.
|Group-A||Group B||Group C|
|Amt per document||1,00,000||10,00,000||1,00,00,000|
|Amt per open item account||1,00,000||10,00,000||1,00,00,000|
SAP Implementation steps
- Transaction code: – OBA4
- Menu Path: – SPRO >> IMG >> Financial Accounting (New) >> Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) >> Document >> Tolerance groups >> Define tolerance groups for employees.
Step 1) Enter T-Code “OBA4” in the SAP command field and enter to continue.
Step 2) On change view “FI Tolerance Groups For Users” screen, click on new entries button to create tolerance groups for employees.
Step 3) On new entries screen, update the following details.
- Group: – For practice purpose, let use same tolerance group for all company codes, so it is recommended to use blank tolerance group.
- Company code: – Update the company code “TK01”
- Amount per document: – Enter maximum amount allowed per document
- Amount per open item account: – Enter maximum amount per line items.
- Cash discount per line item: – Update the maximum cash discount allowed
- Permitted payment differences: – Keep this field as blank
After updating all the required details, click on save button and save the configured tolerance groups details.
Successfully we have maintained tolerance groups for employees in SAP.